Bronze plaque fixed to a large stone monolith at the top of North Brother Mountain. Access is along the steep Captain Cook Bicentenary Road, Laurieton, 2443. The view from the top is outstanding, and here is parking for cars, viewing platforms and picnic tables.
Placed by the Hastings Shire Council to commemorate the 200th Anniversary of the discovery of the East Coast of Australia.
Unveiled on 29th April, 1970.
HASTINGS SHIRE COUNCIL
TO COMMEMORATE THE 200 TH ANNIVERSARY
OF THE DISCOVERY OF THE EAST COAST OF
AUSTRALIA BY CAPTAIN JAMES COOK, R.N.,
AND THE OFFICIAL OPENING OF THE ACCESS
ROAD TO NORTH BROTHER MOUNTAIN WHICH
WAS NAMED BY CAPTAIN COOK ON HIS VOYAGE
OF DISCOVERY. THIS PLAQUE WAS UNVEILED
BY W.D. MUIR, ESQ, DIP. FOR.
COMMISSIONER FOR FORESTS, N.S.W.
ON 29TH APRIL, 1970
J.R. ANDREWS T.S. GILBERT
PRESIDENT SHIRE CLERK
GPS Coordinates: -31.657676 152.777807
Cook’s Log, page 562, vol. 10, no. 4 (1987
Cook’s Log, page 1555, vol. 21, no. 4 (1998)
Cook’s Log, page 1985, vol. 25, no. 4 (2002)
Image gallery (click to enlarge)