Pillar monument with a plaque below the main inscription, this is located opposite the caravan park.
The Endeavour Replica called in at Adventure Bay in November 1994, during her first long voyage.
The top inscription carved into the stone:
Capt. TOBIAS FURNEAUX
DISCOVERER OF THIS BAY
MARCH 9th 1773.
AND Capt. JAMES COOK
WHO LANDED HERE JAN. 26th 1777
26 1 1961
Plaque below the top inscription:
THIS PLAQUE WAS ERECTED
THE VISIT OF THE ENDEAVOUR
(A MUSEUM REPLICA OF H.M. BARK ENDEAVOUR)
ON 14th NOVEMBER 1994
IN A RE-ENACTMENT OF THE ORIGINAL VISIT
UNDER THE COMMAND OF JAMES COOK R.N.
WHICH ANCHORED TO COLLECT
GRASS FOR CATTLE, WATER AND WOOD
ON 26TH JANUARY 1777
GPS Coordinates: -43.372244, 147.346182
Cook’s Log, page 1293, vol. 19, no. 3 (1996)
Cook’s Log, page 32, vol. 36, no. 3 (2013)
Image gallery (click to enlarge)