In the grounds of St Paul’s Cathedral, Myers Street, Bendigo 3550
The bronze statue stands on a plinth of Moorabool freestone, obtained from Geelong.
Bequeathed under the will of the late Mr John Emery, a merchant, and vestryman of the parish, who was an admirer of Cook.
Executed in London by the Bendigo sculptor John Walker, at a cost of £530.
Mr J Robinson of Melbourrne was contracted for its erection.
Unveiled by the mayor (Councillor J Semmens, it was bequeathed to St Paul’s vestry on 28th November, 1906.
Plaque on front of plinth:
Erected in 1906
CAPT. JAMES COOK
THE CELEBRATED NAVIGATOR
by bequest of
A VESTRYMAN OF St PAUL’S CHURCH
GPS Coordinates: -36.762026, 144.282802