Stained glass window depicting Captain James Cook, with a sword in his right hand and a hat in his left. Above is a map of New Zealand with a sailing ship.
The window is by Charles Kemp, and was installed in the church in 1951.
Funded by Dorothy May Bolckow, in memory of her parents and brother. The Bolckow family had owned the manor of Marton since 1853, living at Marton Hall.
The site of Marton Hall is now marked by the Captain Cook Birthplace Museum in Stewart Park.
Captain James Cook R.N. F.R.S.
Born at Marton and baptised in this church
In loving memory of
Henry W.F.Bolckow 1865-1947, Bessy M. Bolckow 1867-1944
H.Cuthbert R.Bolckow 1897-1944.
This window was given by Dorothy M.Bolckow.
GPS Coordinates: 54.538640, -1.206954
Cook’s Log, page 1049, vol.17, no.3 (1994)