The monument, near Point Lookout lighthouse, is a plaque mounted on a structure built of two courses of large stone blocks.
Placed by the Island’s residents in 1970.
The plaque on the monument has an image of a sailing ship at the top, between the figures 1770 and 1970, below is the Inscription:
THIS PLAQUE COMMEMORATES
THE BI-CENTENARY OF
THE NAMING OF POINT LOOKOUT
ON MAY 17TH 1770
by CAPTAIN JAMES COOK RN
PLACED BY THE RESIDENTS
GPS Coordinates: -27.434651, 153.530452
Cook’s Log, page 1781, vol. 23, no. 4 (2000)