Multifunctional building in the form of an open-sided shelter, with picnic tables and barbecue pits.
Formerly named Ship Cove by James Cook in 1765, the settlement was later named St Albans and is now a thriving town.
The building at the site was officially opened on 2nd July 2008 by Gil Hoskins, chair of the St Alban’s Heritage Society.
The site houses a number of interpretation boards on Captain Cook’s adventures. The main one is headed “Cook’s Real First Voyage’.
GPS Coordingates: 47.861977, -55.837684
Cook’s Log, page 45, vol. 31, no. 4 (2008)
Cook’s Log, page 42, vol. 33, no. 1 (2010)
Image gallery (click to enlarge)